ADSM-L

Migration hangs...

1996-06-13 10:44:39
Subject: Migration hangs...
From: Martin Wendel <Martin.Wendel AT ITS.UU DOT SE>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 16:44:39 +0200
I'm running an ADSM Server for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 2, Release 1, Level
0.3/0.3

After starting the ADSM-server, migration from disk storage pool to tape
storage pool hangs. Query actlog says nothing about any problems, Query
process shows process 5 in action (but nothing happens, it stays like
this forever):

    5 Migration            Disk Storage Pool BACKUPPOOL, Moved Files: 1,
                               Moved Bytes: 4.096, Unreadable Files: 0,
                               Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current File (bytes):
                               193.511.424
                               Current output volume: VOL012.

When trying to cancel the process nothing happens. When trying to cancel
again I get the error cancel for the process is already pending. When
halting and restarting the server the same thing happens again.

errpt reveals nothing that has anything to do with this. Does anyone know
what is happening?