ADSM-L

Re: Recover ex-users filespaces?

1996-06-13 08:25:06
Subject: Re: Recover ex-users filespaces?
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 05:25:06 PDT
Dave Sanders asks:

>We have wanted to restore filespaces of users that have left the company.  I
>know that any user can "allow" future access to their files by designated
>other users, but, since this wasn't done prior to their leaving, I need to
>be able to restore their files so that they can be used by the people that
>have taken over their functions??  HELP?

If you are the ADSM administrator, simply use the UPDATE NODE (UPD N) command
to change the password:

   UPD N H20861A newpassword     <== specify a new password

To restore that user's files to your (or any other) PC, start ADSM like this:

   DSMC -NOD=H20816A

When prompted for the password, just enter the new password you set for that
ID.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
408-256-0130