ADSM-L

Re: NT server restore

1996-06-12 16:45:17
Subject: Re: NT server restore
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 16:45:17 -0400
Tom,
        I've restored NT servers and workstations on a couple of occasions and
it has worked fine...  I'd suggest the following

1) Install the base NT with TCPIP support
2) Apply any service paks that were on the system.
3) Install ADSM client, modify DSM.OPT file.
4) Run the restore from the ADSM command line client
        a) Restore the registry
        b) Restore the disk volume(s) but include a -replace=no..... no need to
overlay system files, especially those that are in                 use
:-)

Good luck !!!
Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com