ADSM-L

Re: Tracking backups

1996-06-11 09:12:17
Subject: Re: Tracking backups
From: Claudia Masters <cmaster1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 08:12:17 -0500
At 10:09 AM 6/11/96 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>We run MVS with mainly remote OS/2 clients throughout Southern africa.
>I need to find a method of alerting the MVS operator if a nightly backup
>from one of the remote nodes does not happen.
>
>The report needs to be as soon as possible after the miss or fail so that
>network standby can be called.
>
>Has anyone out there achieved something like this - if so how?
>
>Otherwise any ideas would be very welcome.
>
>Cheers
>
>Mike

Mike,

We are using the following command to report on errors:

  /* FILESERVER BACKUP EXCEPTIONS REPORT */
  Q EV domainname schedname BEGIND=TODAY-1 ENDD=TODAY-1 EX=YES F=D -
   >> 'TUS0SDM.PRODTSS6.ADSM.QEVENT.NOTE(+1)'

Although we are not sending the message to the console operator we do send
it out via OfficeVision note.  The above command can be scheduled at regular
intervals during your nightly backups and reports on exceptions.

Claudia C Masters