ADSM-L

Re: ADSM GUI for OS/2

1996-06-07 17:15:47
Subject: Re: ADSM GUI for OS/2
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 14:15:47 PDT
Russell T. French asks:

>Does anyone know if IBM has come out with a PTF fix yet for the OS/2
>ADSM GUI problem of not working after installing fixpacks for Warp?
>
>We just recently upgraded to OS/2 WARP CONNECT and the ADSM GUI client
>(V2.1) was working fine until we installed fixpack 17, which broke the
>client. The ADSM line client still works but the GUI is now un-usable.
>
>This has happened to us before after installing fixpack 16 and required
>a complete re-install of the OS/2 Warp operating system to correct to
>the problem.

This is actually a bug in the OS/2 Warp fixpack, not in ADSM. However...

ADSM developers responded to it fairly quickly, and we have had a work-
around coded in the OS/2 ADSM client for two or three months now. It
was first available as a test fix (from the FTP anonymous server) and now
is in the latest PTF, IP20665, which equates to V2 R1 L0.3.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
408-256-0130