ADSM-L

Re: Requirements Submissions - the Sequal

2015-10-04 18:15:20
Subject: Re: Requirements Submissions - the Sequal
From: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD1 at SNADGATE
To: higmx.oas at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 6/7/96 7:36AM
Date: 6/6/96 4:15PM
Thanks for providing the background on the separationon the list.  I agree
with most everything you have said, and I certainly said a lot on this subject
yesterday.  I have just a few short things to add.

1.  A side benefit of having the "R" list separate from the "L" list is the
actual separation - notes on the "R" list are (hopefully) just about
requirements, and not of the "How do I" or "Something wierd just happened" var
iety.  Discussions are at a higher level, in my experience.

2. As long time IBM customers, we should not forget that with ADSM, people who
might never have used IBM hardware or software are now using the product.
They do not know (or sometimes even care) about GUIDE and SHARE - they have
their own user groups and priorities.  That doesn't mean that they don't have
good ideas and needs - in fact, they may just have an original way to think
about an issue because they haven't had the benefit of all those years of Big
Blue exposure (no pun intended).

3.  I agree with your points about it being easy to write an e-mail.  That,
however, is also a plus, in that if there is no discussion of a particular
submission, then priority should be low.  On the other hand, if a lot of discu
ssion is generated, then obviously the item has more interest and should have
a higher priority.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com

PS.  Sorry about the false promotion.  I hope that your faculty's expectations
weren't outrageously elevated :-)>