ADSM-L

ADSM Server AIX vs MVS ??

1996-06-06 10:45:35
Subject: ADSM Server AIX vs MVS ??
From: Tom McKnerney <thomas_mcknerney AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 09:45:35 -0500
    =20
     Can anyone provide me with some insight as to the differences running=20
     ADSM on a shared MVS system -vs- a dedicated RS/6000. Things I am=20
     interested in are: ease of use, manageability, disaster recovery, cost=
=20
     and performance among others. What is IBM's stated direction for ADSM.=
=20
     After our initial meeting with IBM, I got the feeling the RS/6000 was=20
     getting "top billing" with MVS running second. If you have done any=20
     research on this topic I would like to hear what you found!