ADSM-L

Multiple ADSM Servers

1996-06-05 11:20:05
Subject: Multiple ADSM Servers
From: David Bohm <bohm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 08:20:05 MST
Hello:

> Does anyone know how to customize the ADSM Administrator for NT or OS/2
> GUI to connect to multiple ADSM Servers?  Today I have to edit my
> DSM.OPT every time I connect.  Thanks  -Kyle

I have not done much with the Windows NT client yet but I do have a solution
for using the OS/2 client.  I make multiple copies of each ICON and change the
name of the ICON caption to let me know which server it is for.

Next I use open settings on the ICON and put -tcps=xxxxx -tcpp=xxxx in
the optional paramaters section and remove these from the options file.
I only put the options in the options file that I want to apply to ALL of
my clients and the parms that I want different I put in the optional
paramaters settings for that particular ICON.

I have done the same thing with the Windows 3.1 client where you can specify
the command line paramaters, I assume you can do the same thing with NT.

Hope this helps - David Bohm, ADSM Technical Support.