ADSM-L

Mixing Stackers + Standalone Drives

1996-06-03 14:23:54
Subject: Mixing Stackers + Standalone Drives
From: "Adsm Users @ Waikato" <ADSMUSER AT WAIKATO.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 07:23:54 +1300
Trying again here,

        Has anyone a way to mix a stacker and a non-stacker in the
        same library?

        Basically I want a stacker drive to recover from and a
        standalone to migrate from a disk volume to.

        While I'm at it, how do I get adsm to tell me ALL the tapes
        it will need for a recovery?  Currently I can't load the stacker
        because I don't know which tapes will be required.
        Even Legato could do that.  >hiss<

THIS WON'T HURT A BIT!!!   This internet flu-shot courtesy of Simon Travaglia,
THIS WON'T HURT A BIT!!!   This internet flu-shot courtesy of Simon Travaglia,
Unix Systems Administrator,  University  of  Waikato,  Hamilton,  New Zealand.

    )--------+----+ http://prime-mover.cc.waikato.ac.nz >==========-

If you just try long enough and hard enough, you can always manage to boot
If you just try long enough and hard enough, you can always manage to boot
 yourself in the posterior.             -- A. J. Liebling