ADSM-L

Re: Macros for NetWare Client

2015-10-04 18:15:20
Subject: Re: Macros for NetWare Client
From: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: higmx.oas at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 6/3/96 11:12AM
Date: 6/3/96 9:41AM
> The ADSM V2 R1 NetWare client has a new command available called MACRO.
Guess
> what it does?   :-)

> You can find more information on it in the "Using the Novell NetWare Backup-
> Archive Client" manual.

You got me.  HOWEVER - MACRO is not included in the index (which is where I
looked - silly me) under M.  It would be nice if the manual was indexed by the
command intent, not the title "Load DSMC....."  Also, in case no one else has
mentioned this obvious problem - the manual page headers are all off by one
page - for example, on page 134 in my manual, where the text discusses the
Macro function, the header at the top of the page says "LOOP".  Since there is
no longer a Readers' comment card in the manual......

Oh yes, while I'k dumping on the manual - just tried the command, and the
syntax for the macro is not exactly correct.  Even though I do have the ADSM
directory in my search path for NetWare, the macro is not found when you enter
the macro command in ADSM (either through a Load DSMC MACRO command, or in
Loop mode).  You must include the fully qualified path statement (Macro
Sys:\adsm\blah.mac).  I could take this two ways - a pub change is needed, or
why doesn't the DSMC NLM look in his own directory?  Everything else in ADSM s
eems to look under his own directory (at least those that I can think of).

My appologies for not reading the book better......  and Thanks also to Tim
Pittson for also pointing out the error of my ways  :-)

Jerry Lawson