ADSM-L

Re: Proposed ADSM Environment

1996-05-31 17:34:04
Subject: Re: Proposed ADSM Environment
From: Jeff Koeberl <koeberl AT EXECPC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 16:34:04 -0500
You can use SAMS:DISK to do what you suggested, but not with ADSM.  You will
have to use one of the products from StorageTek (as I do), Harbor, or
Innovation in place of ADSM.  SAMS:DISK can then create your local and vault
copies simultaneously.

>We are looking for any comments or feedback on a proposed ADSM pilot
>environment we are in the process of creating.......
>
>We will be installing ADSM to backup NT Servers to an MVS Host Platform. We
>will have SNA clients on the NT servers as well as MVS using a 3745 as the
>mainframe gateway. The ADSM Administrator workstation will be OS/2 Warp
>Connect in a dual boot environment with Windows 3.11 (Workstation). The
>initial backup will be to mainframe DASD and subsequently migrated to
>mainframe tape using SAMS:DISK (Storage Management Software)
>
>We would appreciate any comments/criticisms or advise on what we have just
>described.
>
>WKral AT TNE DOT COM
>EList AT TNE DOT COM

Jeffery V. Koeberl                          HTTP://www.execpc.com/~koeberl
Jeffery V. Koeberl                          HTTP://www.execpc.com/~koeberl
Systems Coordinator                         (414)299-4637
Northwestern Mutual Life Ins. Co.           Live to improve.           8^)