ADSM-L

Windows 95 restore with adsm

1996-05-29 01:19:55
Subject: Windows 95 restore with adsm
From: Yves Tremblay <ytrembla AT COURRIER.USHERB DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 01:19:55 -0400

I have a nice procedure to restore windows 95 with ADSM.

I found a very good software at http://www.ghost.co.nz ( it's call ghost).

I have configured a Windows 95 minimal, just with tcpi/ip connexion and
adsm program. ( i use microsoft tcp/ip or trumpet winsock )

i keep a image of this Windows 95 with ghost program.

with a minimal dos floppy with ipx connexion to novell server, or with a
zip drive on parrallel port.

With ghost program i restore image disk ( i can change partitionning too).

The user change ethernet card specification, dsm.opt and reboot

After the use can use adsm to restore all disk with read/only replace.

i restored many PCs with this procedure with success.

If i have registry copy before retor operation, i can boot in dos mode and
change registry file. Else i reboot in safe mode with registry replacement
until registry backup in old system replace registry file in image file of
Windows 95.