ADSM-L

Boot command failed - AIX

1996-05-28 11:55:19
Subject: Boot command failed - AIX
From: Kelly Root <kroot1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 10:55:19 -0500
Our ADSM server (v2.1.3) is on MVS. I have an AIX client that cratered his
RS6K and it refused to reboot. He spent considerable time with IBM Support
and one of the problems they detected was that the boot command that
failed was the ADSM startup command. If the command is entered at the
command line 'nohup dsmc schedule -password=xxxx &' and it fails no
problem. BUT, if it fails within a boot file it hangs the machine. Is this a bug
in ADSM? or do I need to change something?