ADSM-L

!Mixed Libraries

1996-05-23 20:44:44
Subject: !Mixed Libraries
From: "Adsm Users @ Waikato" <ADSMUSER AT WAIKATO.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 12:44:44 +1200
Hi,
        I'm looking for a sneaky solution to my problem.

        I've got two DLT stackers, two DLT standalone drives, and
        two adsm servers.  (Two of each)

        I'd like to have one stacker and one standalone DLT per server
        so that when we're recovering data on the stacker say, we can
        still do disk migration to the standalone.  Basically that means
        that I'd like to have a storage pool with a standalone and a
        stacker it it's library.    Also reclamation would be nice too
        (we don't really have the disk space to reclaim a DLT tape until
        it's really sparse)

        Anyone got a  hoopy soln to this prob?

THIS WON'T HURT A BIT!!!   This internet flu-shot courtesy of Simon Travaglia,
THIS WON'T HURT A BIT!!!   This internet flu-shot courtesy of Simon Travaglia,
Unix Systems Administrator,  University  of  Waikato,  Hamilton,  New Zealand.

    )--------+----+ http://prime-mover.cc.waikato.ac.nz >==========-

If you just try long enough and hard enough, you can always manage to boot
If you just try long enough and hard enough, you can always manage to boot
 yourself in the posterior.             -- A. J. Liebling