ADSM-L

Re: Some questions.

1996-05-22 18:59:51
Subject: Re: Some questions.
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 18:59:51 EDT
From: Mike Knight, ISSC Aerospace, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

On Wed, 22 May 1996 at 15:20:53, Chet Martel commented:

>The only problem I have is that when I reboot the system with the library
>the library manager (lb0) and the tape drive (mt0) come up defined instead
>of available.  What does come up as available is smcO and rmt0 with the
>same scsi address as the 7331.  Reconfiguring the devices with SMIT takes
>care of the problem.

I just completed testing ADSM V2 for AIX and hit the same problem with the
single 8mm I had for testing.  The mt0 would not come available without
manual definition.  We never had this with ADSM 1.2.9.  Is this a known
problem, feature, etc.  This is a significant problem that must be resolved
before production.  I was testing at AIX 3.2.5 and ADSM/6000 2.1.7.

APAR IC12070 partially addresses this concern, but implies this only needs
to be done once, not at every boot.

         Mike (not ADSM support) Knight