ADSM-L

API programming, use of application type

1996-05-22 08:02:36
Subject: API programming, use of application type
From: Matthias Feyerabend <M.Feyerabend AT GSI DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 13:02:36 +0100
We are using ADSM API under AIX and wondering about usage of
"application type" with API.

Dokumentation "Using the API" only mentions that the appl. type
is unique for one node and persists with the node name and that
it can be queried using dsmQuerySessInfo.

My question is: Is this all what application type is for ?

                Are there some "hidden" usage of appl.type,
                for example hiding of file spaces from one
                application to all other applications on the
                same node?

                If I have several APIs on the same node, who is
                responable to separate filesystems belonging to
                different APIs: the API programmer or the API client ?

Matthias

Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
GSI, Darmstadt                 internet: M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de