ADSM-L

Year 2000

1996-05-22 11:06:53
Subject: Year 2000
From: Greg Tevis <gtevis AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 08:06:53 PDT
We have not conducted formal year 2000 tests on ADSM.  However, all
of our internal representations and interfaces can handle 2000 without
any problems.  One potential problem we're aware of is on the ADSM/MVS
server.  It is actually a problem with MVS, not ADSM.  The standard
MVS tape exit which ADSM uses, uses only 2 characters for the year...this will
be a problem.  On the ADSM side, you can specify whether to use 2 characters
or 4 when taking the exit...so ADSM really is already enabled.  But this
is the only year 2000 problem we are aware of associated with adsm.

P.S. ADSM will have a problem way out in the future with some internal
representations...but I think the year is like 2157.

...greg tevis