ADSM-L

Re: Notification of Success/Failed Backup

1996-05-17 17:52:58
Subject: Re: Notification of Success/Failed Backup
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 17:52:58 EDT
On Fri, 17 May 1996 09:09:48 +0100 Bryan King said:
>How is everyone else checking for successful completion of
>backups?  Do you use the acccounting file, the date and time of
>the filespace backup, or ????

We use a combination of Query Event and Query Filespace.

If Query Event shows a successful completion, then we assume that the
backup is good.  If Query Event does not show a successful completion,
then we resort to the Query Filespace.  This catches some folks who run
backups manually.  It's not perfect in that it does not handle a situation
where someone has a filespace backed up to the ADSM server which they are
no longer actively backing up (i.e., an obsolete volume).