ADSM-L

Re: 3590 in 3494 ATL

1996-05-15 11:21:37
Subject: Re: 3590 in 3494 ATL
From: Brian Pennington <brian_pennington AT MAILLINK.CMIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 10:21:37 EST
Make sure you are on the latest code for your 3494 and have the latest
device drivers installed on AIX.

Subject: 3590 in 3494 ATL
Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> at SMTP
Date:    5/14/96 9:52 PM

David Ong writes:
 > We just added an expansion box to our current 3494 ATL over the weekend. The
ATL
 > now contains 4 3490E & 2 3590 drives. The 3590 drives are available to AIX
and I
 > have turned on ENABLE3590LIBRARY in the dsmserv.opt file. However, when I try
 > define the 3590 drives to adsm, i get the following message:
 >    adsm> def drive atlrobot atltape5 device=/dev/rmt5
 > ANR8315E DEFINE DRIVE: The device type of drive ATLTAPE5 is not supported in
 > 349X libraries.
 > ANS5102I Return code 4.
 >
 > Our ADSM server is AIX v1.2.0.9 which supposedly supports the mixed
environment.
 > If anybody out there can help us out on this, we would sure appreciate it.
 > Thanks in advance.
David,

Have you created a device class with a devtype of 3590 for atlrobot
library?

Make sure you read the notes in the define library command (admin
ref), regarding the additional scratch category automatically created
when 3590 support is enabled.

Hope this helps...Jim Riehl
Tucson ADSM Server Developer