ADSM-L

ANS2983W-Out of window memory displaying files

1996-05-11 06:33:41
Subject: ANS2983W-Out of window memory displaying files
From: JuanPablo Fern=E1ndez <juan.fernandez AT MAD.SERVICOM DOT ES>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 12:33:41 +0200
  Certain customer of us handles thousands of files and gets this message
when trying to backup a 2 Gb drive by the directory tree method:

 ANS2983W - Window memory limit reached.Some data may not be displayed

 And only part of the directory structure will be diaplayed.I dont know
exactly how it works internally but I think that ADSM, before displaying the
directory tree, gathers all the file names in memory and then after a not
short wait displays them on screen.

 My question is:
  Is there any way that we could make ADSM make temporary files to keep
information of all the file names instead of dumping this information to
memory and then to the screen?
This would probably result in a much faster response and the use of disk
instead of memory(which might be more limited-in our case its 32Mb RAM-).
  Does anybody know of any other way we could solve this problem?

The server is ADSM/2 V1.2. and the Admin Client is ADSM/2 V2.1 level 3

Juan Pablo Fernandez
-Systems Engineer-
<OPEN Integration Systems S.A.>
<OPEN Integration Systems S.A.>