ADSM-L

Re: Delete backups

1996-05-09 12:56:05
Subject: Re: Delete backups
From: Joe Gross <jgross AT UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 11:56:05 -0500
"Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM> wrote:

> I did test this. However, you'd have to be pretty desperate to go to all this
> trouble just to delete unwanted backups for a single file, unless they are
> useless and big, and you need to free up the storage space.
>
> Bill Colwell's point in a previous post is well taken. I don't recommend
> excising backup versions, either, unless there is some compelling reason to
> do so.

This can be important if you accidently back up your kerberos srvtab
file or any other machine-specific authentication information that
shouldn't leave the machine.

--
Joe Gross        | CCSO Unix Systems Team - University of Illinois UC
Joe Gross        | CCSO Unix Systems Team - University of Illinois UC