ADSM-L

NODENAME Problems

1996-05-08 21:37:15
Subject: NODENAME Problems
From: "Adsm Users @ Waikato" <ADSMUSER AT WAIKATO.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 13:37:15 +1200
Ok, here at our site we have a fairly simple problem.

We want to keep track of our nodes by their DNS names less the
".waikato.ac.nz" because there are a few mixups with more than one
machine of the same name, in different departments.

That is, my machine, prime-mover.cc.waikato.ac.nz would be called
"prime-mover.cc" within adsm which would be different from
"prime-mover.sci" say.

All goes well until I try to back the bloody thing up.

BECAUSE I specify the NODENAME parameter of prime-mover.cc in the dsm.opt
file, adsm will not look at the PASSWORDACCESS parameter in the dsm.sys file.
It is ignored.

hostname, of course, returns "prime-mover", not "prime-mover.cc"

So HOW oh HOW do I get the bloody PASSWORDACCESS to work properly WITHOUT
changing the hostname?

Any answers?

THIS WON'T HURT A BIT!!!   This internet flu-shot courtesy of Simon Travaglia,
THIS WON'T HURT A BIT!!!   This internet flu-shot courtesy of Simon Travaglia,
Unix Systems Administrator,  University  of  Waikato,  Hamilton,  New Zealand.

    )--------+----+ http://prime-mover.cc.waikato.ac.nz >==========-

If you just try long enough and hard enough, you can always manage to boot
If you just try long enough and hard enough, you can always manage to boot
 yourself in the posterior.             -- A. J. Liebling