ADSM-L

Re: FOR MVS USERS--Do Your Clients lockup during BFS file Restor

1996-05-07 14:41:48
Subject: Re: FOR MVS USERS--Do Your Clients lockup during BFS file Restor
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 14:41:48 -0400
Thomas,
        We used to experience the same problem on any type of client restore
while expire inventory processing was running against that client -
eventually things do start moving again but it can take 1-2 hours where
it seems as though nothing is happening.  There was an APAR just closed
on something similar to this (PN81940) - don't know whether this will
clear up your problem or not.  To prevent this from happening (and also
because our ADSM DB is over 7 GB and expire inventory processing runs
between 20-30 hours), we just run expire inventory once a week on
Saturdays.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com