ADSM-L

Re: Performance/Multiple processes

1996-05-02 14:14:28
Subject: Re: Performance/Multiple processes
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 14:14:28 -0400
On Thu, 2 May 1996, J Holdren wrote:

| What caused this?  Is there any contention at all between a migration
| and an expiration that would explain this?
|  ...curious to hear other ideas or theories.

| IBM -  Is there any history or reports of the server locking up for a
| period of time like this?  Does anyone have any explanation?

I notice this a lot with a simple backup.  I'll have only 2 or 3 clients
backing-up data.  Every noe and then, one or more clients will jsut simply
stop sending data to the server.  Sometimes a few seconds, sometimes
several minutes.  I, too, would like to know what causes these "stalls" in
the movement of data.  Many times these stalls turn into failed tcp/ip
connections.
Joe Morris - morris AT unc DOT edu - http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
OIT/Computing Systems, Development