ADSM-L

TCP/IP Connection failures.....

1996-05-01 00:50:51
Subject: TCP/IP Connection failures.....
From: Tammi Belcher <TBELCH AT SCM1.BEMS.BOEING DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 21:50:51 -0700
 We are running an MVS ADSM server, level 2.1.03. We are seeing the following
 message on only a few HPUX, and AIX clients. It does not appear every time a
 connection is established, only sometimes.
     ANR0440W Protocol error on session 3275 for node TACOMA
                               (AIX) - invalid verb header received.

 We are also seeing the following for one of our NT clients: ANR0444W Protocol
 error on session 5007 for node
                          DSG-ENG-04 (WinNT) - out-of-sequence verb (type
 SignOff) received.

 This error also only happens about every third time he tries to connect.

 Has anyone else seen this situation, and if so, what have you done to correct
 it?

                         Thanks,
                         Tammi
    "Things which matter most must never be at
      the mercy of things which matter least" - Goethe