ADSM-L

Schedule Restore and Security

1996-04-25 17:43:16
Subject: Schedule Restore and Security
From: Christian Moser <Christian.Moser AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 16:43:16 EST
     FROM   :   Christian Moser
                M001CC.CMOSER
                Christian Moser at BE2006

     DATE   :   04/25/96
     SUBJECT:   Schedule Restore and Security

     FAO Developers,

     Hi,

     it would be fine, if a client could set an option in its (system)
     option file, which would prohibit the server to schedule

        restore,
        retrieve,
        command                         or
        macro.

     For ease of use we want to schedule backups, but we do not want that
     the ADSM server administrators have the ability to access client data.
     Generaly the V2 scheduling enhancements were welcome, but they should
     be explicitly allowed by the client administrators, because they offer
     a severe security exposure,

     OR DID I MISS SOMETHING?

     Kind regards
     Christian Moser,           Internet: christian.moser AT schering DOT de
     SCHERING AG, 13342 Berlin, Tel.: (030)4681356 Fax: (030)46916719