ADSM-L

ADSM manuals--another view

1996-04-24 12:39:36
Subject: ADSM manuals--another view
From: Diane Ashby <Diane.Ashby AT TORO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 12:39:36 -0400
I don't disagree that the manuals are often difficult; I'm also keen on
processimprovement.  How can we improve the process so that a better product
results, or what information can we give here that would either help IBM
improve their manuals or help one of our own readers write a book that would
sell well plus improve our lives?

So from my viewpoint, a couple suggestions:
1. A chart with command parameters in alpha order, cross referenced to the
commands which use them would help me.
2. Picture books are good for adults too.  I'd like lots more pictures
(diagrams) in the Guide book showing how all the pieces relate to each other,
with minimal verbage that cross-references us to other points in the manual
for explanation.  This could be expanded to show different configurations and
the pieces (ADSM, et.al.) used therein.

My point is that as many bright people offering the experience I've browsed
here could certainly be the catalyst for an improved product, IBM's or one of
ours.  --Diane