ADSM-L

ADSM with SAP R/3 BACKINT

1996-04-21 08:19:21
Subject: ADSM with SAP R/3 BACKINT
From: Robert Steen <aramco/cabsip01/steenrl%msmail#@ARAMCO.GEIS.COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 08:19:21 -0400
We are evaluating ADSM link to SAP for database backup and log archiving.
 The product is ADSM/BACKINT.  The product is an interface between SAP
backup and archiving software and ADSM.  When we start a backup or
archive job from the SAPDBA tool after Unix logon the product works just
fine.  The SAP system has the ability to schedule and submit these backup
and archinve jobs from within the R/3 environment.  Jobs submitted in
this manner fail with the following message:

 BKI0000E - ADMS Command 'dsmc' not found

The full text to this message says that the PATH environment variable
does not include the directories for dsmc.  SAP is started with a special
user account, this same account is su'd to to run SAPDBA to start the
backup or archive job manually.  Has anyone out there used ADSM/BACKINT
in a SAP system?  Have you had this problem and solved it?

TIA and cheers!

R.L. Steen