ADSM-L

Password Generate & Passworddir

1996-04-18 13:42:05
Subject: Password Generate & Passworddir
From: Hans Beierle <LO1BE.HBEIER01 AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 13:42:05 -0400
We have a requirement to influence the location to which Unix clients
store the encrypted password in case of using PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE.
Yet, I cannot see any option to set the directory. On Sun Solaris, /ETC/ADSM
seems to be the hard coded directory.
For the recently introduced PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE in the OS/2 client, I
can just see what I also need under Unix. It's the new PASSWORDDIR option.
Any good reason for this difference ? Can we expect the same function
within Unix clients ?

| Hans Beierle                      Internet: hbeier AT eds DOT de      |
| EDS (Deutschland) GmbH            Voice: ++49 6142 803170      |
| Eisenstr. 56 (N15)                FAX:   ++49 6142 803030      |
| D-65428 Ruesslsheim                                            |