ADSM-L

Re: ADSM AIX SERVER INSTALLATION

1996-04-18 13:08:14
Subject: Re: ADSM AIX SERVER INSTALLATION
From: Muki Mazurski <Muki_Mazurski AT TEFEN.STERLING DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 12:08:14 EST
     When attempting to install the ADSM AIX server we are getting a
     Requisite Failure (See the attached log message).

     We have located the V1 adsm.obj. But we do not have the V2
     adsm.base.obj, and we do not know about the V2 adsm.admin.obj.

     Do the V2 server components reside on any ftp site?

     What is the appropriate sequence for installing a V2 server?

     Muki

                    Pre-installation Verification...
installp:  Pre-installation verification may take several minutes.
Please wait...
Verifying selections...done
Verifying requisites...done
Results...

FAILURES
--------
  Filesets listed in this section failed pre-installation verification
  Filesets listed in this section failed pre-installation verification
  and will not be installed.

  Requisite Failures
  ------------------
  SELECTED FILESETS:  The following is a list of filesets that you asked to
  install.  They cannot be installed until all of their requisite filesets
  are also installed.  See subsequent lists for details of requisites.

    adsmserv.base.obj 2.1.0.7.IP20646         # ADSM Server

  MISSING REQUISITES:  The following filesets are required by one or more
  of the selected filesets listed above.  They are not currently installed
  and could not be found on the installation media.

    adsmserv.base.obj v=2, r=1, m=0           # Base Level Fileset

  GROUP REQUISITES:  The dependencies of one or more of the selected filesets
  listed above are defined by a group requisite.  A group requisite must pass
  a specified number of requisite tests.  The following describe group
  requisite failures for filesets that you selected.  (See the "Requisite
  Failure Key" below for details of group member failures.)

   At least 1 of the following:
   |   At least 2 of the following:
   |   | * adsm.base.obj v>1
   |   | * adsm.admin.obj v>1
   | * adsm.obj v>0

  Requisite Failure Key:
  "*" fileset is not installed and not available on the current
      installation media.

  << End of Failure Section >>

FILESET STATISTICS
------------------
    1  Selected to be installed, of which:
    1  Selected to be installed, of which:
        1  FAILED pre-installation verification
  ----
    0  Total to be installed

Pre-installation Failure/Warning Summary
Name                      Level           Pre-installation Failure/Warning
Name                      Level           Pre-installation Failure/Warning
adsmserv.base.obj         IP20646         Requisite failure
adsmserv.base.obj         IP20646         Requisite failure