ADSM-L

Reply to Solaris 2.5

1996-04-16 13:13:00
Subject: Reply to Solaris 2.5
From: Mike Stewart <STEWAJM AT AUDUCADM.DUC.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 11:13:00 -06
*** Comments From: STEWAJM - Stewart, Mike; 04/16/96 11:00am

By default the ADSM Unix clients using TCP/IP for communications
seem to want to use the last level of their domain name as
their node name.  For example, the Unix client running on
"machine1.dpt1.univ.edu" will use "x" for its node name.
Passwordaccess generate will then allow the client to
maintain its password, allowing individual users to
access ADSM services without knowing the node's password.

Is there a way to use a node name other than the default
without breaking passwordaccess generate processing?
DSM.SYS does not have a nodename option.
DSM.OPT nodename seems break passwordaccess generate.

We have situations where we have domain names of:
"machine1.dpt1.univ.edu"
"machine1.dpt2.univ.edu"
The ADSM client on both machines will want to use
"machine1" as its node name.

Have I missed an option somewhere?