ADSM-L

Restore complete drives via boot-diskette

1996-04-16 11:30:35
Subject: Restore complete drives via boot-diskette
From: Stefan Hellwig <Stefan.Hellwig AT ENERGIE.RWE DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 16:30:35 +0100
     We are running MVS-server 1.1.16 and the following problem
     persist with all client versions OS/2 2.1.0.1/2/3:

     We have a absolutely empty machine and boot it from WARP
     installatioon disks. Then we start dsmc from diskette also
     and try to restore all files in all directories.

     The directory tree is restored and some (exactly 6) files also.
     The next file to restore ist on offline media, so ADSM
     waits with the message:
      Restoring  5 X:\ --> C:
      ANS4118 waiting ...

     The file name is absolutely empty, even in a hex-dump of the
     log there is no byte between the backslash and the space i9n front
     of the -->.

     After the mount of the tape ADSM stops with the message
      ANS4089E File not found during Backup, Archive or Migrate
      processing.

     Has anyone of you seen this before or can anyone give a hint?

     Stefan.Hellwig AT Energie.RWE DOT de