ADSM-L

Library problems...

1996-04-15 10:03:33
Subject: Library problems...
From: Martin Wendel <Martin.Wendel AT ITS.UU DOT SE>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 16:03:33 +0200
I've been runing ADSM 2.1 for a few months on an RS/6000 server
with a DLT4700 library attached to it. Last week I installed another
DLT4700 and an ADIC DAT library to the server.

I want to use the ADIC to perform backup db and the second DLT4700
as a copy pool. The problem is that whenever I try to issue a
backup db or backup stgpool command the process (as seen by query
process) dies before anything has been done (often within , and (of course)
nothing
is logged and no error messages are generated.

When comparing the stgpool and devclass of the new libraries and
the old one, I can find nothing that could cause this behaviour.
Both libraries function when doing a dsmlabel so it seems the
problem has to do with some configuration error or a bug in ADSM.

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks in advance.