ADSM-L

Re: ADSM v1r1m3 mac client problems

1996-04-12 17:46:29
Subject: Re: ADSM v1r1m3 mac client problems
From: Wendy Alberg <WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 17:46:29 EDT
Bob Booth said:
>Having a problem with a PPC Mac Performa.  The machine is on the
>network, and we have verified the preferences file.  Anyone have a clue
>what these return codes mean?

o Is the client password right?

o What does the activity log say during the time you got these messages
  in the ADSM Error Log file?
  (Q ACT BEGINT=hh:mm ENDT=hh:mm BEGIND=mm/dd/yyyy ENDD=mm/dd/yyyy)

I know I've seen similar messages - can't think just now what the
circumstances were, but generally something was specified wrong in
the ADSM Preferences file or even in MacTCP configuration...

Are you using Open Transport on this PPC? There are known problems
with it, but they usually involve dropping sessions, not preventing
sessions from starting in the first place.

Wendy Alberg, Network & Computing Systems, 315 CCC,
Cornell Information Technologies, Cornell Univ., Ithaca, NY 14853
wa10 AT cornell DOT edu  607/255-2672      http://dwrgi.cit.cornell.edu/