ADSM-L

Re: recovery in NetWare 4.1 directory services environment

1996-04-11 17:49:43
Subject: Re: recovery in NetWare 4.1 directory services environment
From: Kingsavanh Bounkeua <king AT UNM DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 17:49:43 -0400
At 04:15 PM 4/9/96 PDT, Jim Smith (276-7618) wrote:
>Hello,
>
>There is currently no document dedicated to restoring in a NetWare 4.1
>directory services environment (either disaster recovery or single server).
>
>I am in the process of collecting information for such a document and hope
>to have the document finished within the next couple of months.
>
>In the meantime, I offer the same advice for the NDS as the bindery:
>restore the NDS objects BEFORE the file system data to ensure that the
>trustees are restored correctly.

How do I do that?
I issued "select dir\.o=xxxx" and ADSM did the backup of the directories.
Now I issued "query backup dir\o.=xxxx" and ADSM return the following error msg:

ANS4095E No files matching search criteria were found

And when I issued the following:

dsmc> rest dir/.o=xxxx
Restore function invoked.

ANS4095E No files matching search criteria were found

Total number of objects restored:         0
Total number of bytes transferred:        0
Total failures:                           0
Elapsed processing time:            0:00:01

So my question is WHAT GOING ON HERE. Did I issued the command wrong? Are
there others parameters that
I need to include to do the query and/or restore? Thanks in Advance for any
help.

>I'll post when I have more information ...
>
>Jim Smith
>ADSM NetWare client development
>San Jose, CA

*  Kingsavanh Bounkeua              *
*  University of New Mexico         *
*  Email:                           *
*    INTERNET: king AT unm DOT edu         *
*    BITNET:   [email protected]   *
*  Phone:                           *
*    505-277-8042                   *