ADSM-L

NW3.11 - TCP/IP connection failures

2015-10-04 18:16:04
Subject: NW3.11 - TCP/IP connection failures
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 4/3/96 9:23PM
What associated messages are you getting?  Look in both the DSMERROR.LOG on th
e client, and try to match up the failure times with the server's messages for
the same time.  I have seen some ANR0481 messages (I think that was the
number) on the server that indicated that the client had exceeded the timeout
value set in the server options file.  The default is 60 seconds - we reset it
at 300 seconds, and this helped tremendously.  Of course there is also the
possibility that a block was dropped, in which case the increase will not help
at all.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com