ADSM-L

Re: limits on clients

1996-03-29 22:49:35
Subject: Re: limits on clients
From: Chris Krusch <Chris.Krusch AT UBC DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 19:49:35 -0800
We would also like to have the ability to limit how much space a node or
policy domain can use. We currently use soft quota's (implemented very much
like Paul Zarnowski described) but would like to set a hard quota a certain
percentage higher than the contracted amount to prevent abuse. The node
would then still be available for restores.

It would be useful to be able to manually put a node in a backup-disabled
state that would allow no backups but still allow a user to view and
restore backed up files. This would allow us to automate our own procedures
that decide when to prevent further backups and put the node in that state
(for e.g. we're considering an entry level package that would only allow 5
backups a month).

Chris Krusch
University Computing Services
The University of British Columbia