ADSM-L

limits on clients

1996-03-28 16:56:19
Subject: limits on clients
From: "R. Alexander" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 16:56:19 EST
Does anyone else have the need to limit by policy  the amount of
data that a given client can store in a server?

We would like to give each user a quota and then charge for all
above the quota.  As I see it one could have a soft quota where
some action happened like a note to the system administrator and/or
the client registered address is sent.  When the hard quota is
hit, then all backups are terminated....

I am not worried if there is overrun of the hardquota for a small
amount, say all of a given transfer.

What says the populus?

Richard

Richard Alexander                           phone: (518) 276-6785
Project Manager, Server Support Services    fax: (518) 276-2809
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute            Internet: alexar AT rpi DOT edu