ADSM-L

3590 and 3494

1996-03-26 14:13:00
Subject: 3590 and 3494
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 14:13:00 EST
We finally got the go ahead to migrate ADSM V2.1 to an RS/6000 (currently
running on MVS).   I've posted many questions for people already running on
an RS/6000 and have received many helpful responses to which I'm most
grateful.  I have yet another question about tape technology.  We've been
going back and forth between 3590 and DLT technologies... we were leaning
towards DLT because it looked as though we were going to have to put remote
ADSM servers at a couple of locations.  However, this is no longer the case
and it looks like we'll be going with one centralized server. We're most
likely going to go with a 3590/3494 solution.  For those of you running with
this type of configuration, are you satisfied with how it's working ??
(reliability, performance, etc.)   I remember seeing some numbers posted
here about 3590 thruput performance not being as good as it should be.  Is
this still the case and, if so, is this going to be addressed by the IBM
folks at some point ??

Thanks..
Tim Pittson
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com