ADSM-L

RS/6000, SSA, db performance

1996-03-26 10:22:00
Subject: RS/6000, SSA, db performance
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:22:00 EST
I'm configuring an RS/6000 to run ADSM and will be migrating our ADSM MVS
environment (7 GB database, 2.3 GB recovery log,  25 GB backed up daily, 750
GB of managed data).  I am planning on using the SSA disk subsystem and was
wondering if anybody was using them for ADSM ??   Initially I was going to
use the 2.2 GB Ultrastar drives for the database and recovery logs and the
4.5 GB drives for the disk storage pools.  However, I've heard that ADSM
performance would not suffer if I went with the 4.5 GB drives for everything
(db, logs, etc.) .... is this true ???

Thanks...
Tim Pittson
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com