ADSM-L

FW: NOTE 03/22/96 20:12:26

1996-03-25 07:03:00
Subject: FW: NOTE 03/22/96 20:12:26
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 07:03:00 EST
Does the drive have a volume label ??  ADSM won't back up a disk volume
without a label (have seen this with Windows and OS/2 clients but never
tested it with NT).

Tim Pittson
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com
 ----------
From: owner-adsm-l
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
Subject: NOTE 03/22/96 20:12:26
Date: Monday, March 25, 1996 5:23AM

We have actually two different situations when the NT client doesn't backup
drives in case of having the scheduler started as a NT service.
One is with remote drives and Pete's recommendations will indeed fix the
problem. The second situation is more serious, because it's a hidden
problem.
The drives are local drives. They are not recognized to be backed up and no
error message indicate the problem. The schedule event also finishes with
success.
When I specify these drives using the DOMAIN option, the 'Drive invalid'
message
appears. The only difference is that these drives don't have a primary
partition. During the boot process, NT checks in the 'blue screen'
environment
with NTDETECT its hardware configuration and we see these drives being
correctly
recognized as valid drives already in this initial phase.

| Hans Beierle                      Internet: hbeier AT eds DOT de      |
| EDS (Deutschland) GmbH            Voice: ++49 6142 803170      |
| Eisenstr. 56 (N15)                FAX:   ++49 6142 803030      |
| D-65428 Ruesslsheim                                            |