ADSM-L

Re: attaching multiple tape libraries to ADSM v2.1 on AIX 4.1

1996-03-22 11:26:44
Subject: Re: attaching multiple tape libraries to ADSM v2.1 on AIX 4.1
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 11:26:44 EST
On Thu, 21 Mar 1996 08:26:01 PST Greg Tevis said:
>It is no problem attaching multiple tape libraries to the adsm
>server...however, there are some restrictions....in particular...
>you can only have one library defined per adsm storage pool...Greg Tevis

Is there a design reason that limits ADSM to one library per storage pool?
I think we would be interested in seeing ADSM support multiple libraries
per storage pool.  I say "I think" because I haven't considered what the
drawbacks might be.  We will have multiple libraries, and dividing our
users between multiple libraries is obviously a headache I would rather
not have.
..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601