ADSM-L

hp-ux 10 client

1996-03-22 10:54:08
Subject: hp-ux 10 client
From: Greg Tevis <gtevis AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 07:54:08 PST
Dave...we do not currently have a adsm hp-ux 10 client and haven't
yet announced when it might be available.  However, I would expect
it to be available by 3Q96...maybe sooner (but all this in UNofficial).
This will be a backup/archive client...and will NOT contain HSM client
functions.

You shouldn't have any problems moving aix client executables, etc.
to another aix system and running them...however, this will be outside
the SMIT procedures and therefore won't be tracked by aix.  For aix
systems management purposes you may want to distribute the client
install image to other systems and invoke SMIT to do the actual install..
its one more command per system install but then the software's tracked
...greg tevis