ADSM-L

ADSM MVS server hangs

1996-03-20 07:38:32
Subject: ADSM MVS server hangs
From: Dave Sanders <DSanders AT MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 04:38:32 PST
The last two days have seen a problem that I was wondering if it had been
seen by anyone else.  I will be ready to capture doc for this if it happens
again today.
Running on the MVS server, a scheduled funtion to do the incremental DB
backups gets scheduled, the process starts, calls for a tape mount and then
just hangs to the point that I had to have the ADSM task recycled.  The MVS
operators cannot get the tape drive to recognize the tape mount, they try to
vary it online, unload/reload etc.,, and the rest of the MVS mounts seem to
be affected by this also (in this case, an HSM recycle).  As soon as the
operator brings down ADSM, other tape mounts resume.  Any help/ suggestions
appreciated, thanks in advance.