ADSM-L

NetWare NDS and -626 Error-DSRepair Not Sufficient

1996-03-19 21:23:31
Subject: NetWare NDS and -626 Error-DSRepair Not Sufficient
From: Frank Ramke <ramke AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 18:23:31 PST
Dale,

Yes, you can exclude objects from being backed up on NDS, but
not containers. It works the same as it does for the file system.
However, the TSANDS.NLM doesn't not backup partition information.
Therefore, you must exclude base schema objects like Organizations,
Organization Units, Locality, or Country.

Here's an example of excluding an Organization:

Exclude DIRECTORY:\.O=ACME\...\*

Is there a way to tell ADSM to exclude an NDS partition?  (We had no
problem doing that with Novell's SBackup utility.)  The documentation
for the ADSM Exclude option implies that it can only be used with files
and directories, and not with the NDS.

This could be a real problem for us in our environment.  If we can't excludeCL
these ghosts, the NDS backup fails.

Any suggestions?

I recall seeing some posts about a new Novell client.  Any updates on when that
might be available?

Dale Beske - University of Wisconsin-Madison - DoIT
(608) 263-4006