ADSM-L

Wasting Resources

1996-03-19 11:24:41
Subject: Wasting Resources
From: Michael R Vogt 301-975-2886 <vogt AT RAVEN.NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 11:24:41 -0500
Hi y'all,

Is there any way for an ADSM administrator to get a list of files that
were backed up in a client's previous incremental backup session, without
having root access to the client itself or the client's ADSM password?

The reason I'm asking is that we have some clients who don't really care
if they are wasting resources backing up files which don't need backing up.
For exmaple: core files, swap files, log files.

We'd like to set something up so that we can remind clients to maintain
include-exclude lists when we see the same large files being backed up
night after night.

How do other sites keep clients from wasting resources?

Thanks,

Michael
vogt AT raven.nist DOT gov.