ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and Warp Server

1996-03-12 13:12:49
Subject: Re: ADSM and Warp Server
From: Jeffrey Mathers <matherj AT ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 18:12:49 +0000
It amazes me that no one seems to know whether ADSM is in Warp Server
or not. Screen shots of WarpServer appearing in InfoWorld on March 11
certainly show the ADSM client logo. There is no quickly found info on
the ADSM web pages about Warp Server. Some IBM reps. say it's in, some
say it's not, most don't even know what ADSM is!

It certainly couldn't hurt for IBM to publicize the product a little
bit. Even articles appearing IBM journals such as Personal Systems
don't review the product. I am becoming increasingly concerned about
the long term future of ADSM, especially on the PC server platform. As
Pinnacle, Sytron, and others become increasingly popular, I wonder how
long ADSM/2 can last as a viable b/a solution.

I really don't think writing Redbooks (and then charging for them) is
an efficient way to inform network professionals about the benefits of
a product.

I'm not really flaming ADSM staffers, actually I think it's a great
product, I'm just furstrated with IBM.

Jeff Mathers
Computer Data Systems Manager
The Protein/DNA Technology Center