ADSM-L

ADSM, UNIX, and NFS

1996-03-12 15:51:37
Subject: ADSM, UNIX, and NFS
From: Bob Booth - CSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 14:51:37 -0600
I noticed this morning, after rebooting an AIX 3.2.5 machine, that the
scheduler had started a backup on the machine.  I also noticed that it was
taking a very long time to get '/' backed up.  When I looked closer, I found
that it was backing up /home which is an NFS mounted filesystem!

When I ran a dsmc incr by hand, it did not backup /home.

I do not specify /home as a domain in the dsm.opt file, and after cruising
through the manual several times, I have to ask these questions.

1.  Does the ADSM client running in scheduled mode always backup NFS mounts?

2.  Is there any way to tell ADSM not to back them up?

Bob