ADSM-L

Re: admin schedule report

1996-03-12 07:55:36
Subject: Re: admin schedule report
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 04:55:36 PST
Dave Sanders asks:

>I have been attempting to create an admin schedule that will write the
>output into an MVS dataset (I'm using the MVS server)  This probably is
>simple but I can't see where the problem is,,,,, HELP

Dave, the answer is simple - but, unfortunately, not the one you want to hear:
you can't redirect output from a scheduled Admin command. I believe that this
is related to the fact that you can't redirect output from an Admin command
issued from the ADSM console (i.e. from MVS, "F ADSM,QUERY EVENT > outdsn"
doesn't work). To get around this, you would have to schedule a batch job to
invoke DSMADMC and issue your command, with redirection, from there.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2