ADSM-L

Re: Win95 client scheduler dies at midnite

2015-10-04 18:16:26
Subject: Re: Win95 client scheduler dies at midnite
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Item Subject: Win95 client scheduler dies at midnite
     The latest code for Win-NT states that it is 16 bit anc can only
     support (8).(3) char names (that is 2.1.0.2 I believe...) but states
     that the next release will be 32 bit and blah and blah and run under
     win95.... So am I reading this correct in that the single client code
     will support both Win-NT & Win'95 ? ? ? ?  I am very interested in
     getting my hands on this ASAP... I have multiple NT servers (adsm
     clients) and the laptop which is my adsm travel companion is win95.

     PS. Thanks to everyone on this list... I've rolled over from being a
     MVS SYS PROG to and ADSM Stor Admin (Under AIX) for a large client
     server move by the company and so far it is GREAT ! With the info from
     this list and the availability of code from the ADSM anonymous FTP
     site it is almost unfair to call what I do work ;-)

     later
          Dwight